Between Wilcox St. & Port Augusta St.
$25 online • $35 at the gate
Children 8 & under FREE
The Comox Valley is going to offer more than just a li’ bit country fun as BC’s Shellfish & Seafood Festival enters its 9th year. Fresh Fest is going to kick off this 10 day event with its own special night that will take place at the Comox Marina Park on Friday, June 12th, from 4-9pm, and all proceeds are going to be donated to the North Island College Culinary Program.
This special dinner will be cooked by chefs Andrew Stigant (Russell Food Equipment) and Hamid Salimian (Captain of Culinary Team Canada for the World Culinary Olympics). They will be assisted by talents from Local Restaurants, Custom Gourmet, Eatmore Sprouts, Prontissima Pasta, Captain and the Chef Marine Services, As you Like it Products and Catering, and West Coast Mobile Kitchen.
On the menu are (guests choose one or the other from each category)
- Eatmore Greens Salad – topped with poached miso‐ginger sablefish and Japanese pepper flakes Prontissimo
- Pasta Salad – tossed with a basil vinaigrette with smoked Coho
- Coast Fresh Salmon Burgers – grilled with an arugula pesto Organic Chinook Salmon Rice Bowl – seared and served on a bed of rice with blackberry ginger sauce
- Lois Lake Steelhead Tacos – finished with “As you like it” chipotle sauce, spinach and finely shredded cabbage
- Bayne Sound Seafood chowder – Fresh Local Manila clams, Oysters & Mussels from Salish Seafoods, Fanny Bay Oysters, Mac’s Oysters + loads of veggies
- Mexi Pops Cart – with Frozen Mangos on a stick and chocolate dipped bananas
- Cocoa‐Nuts Coffee Bar – Serving Royston Roasting coffee
And with entertainment by spiritual band Zerbin; folk-rock band The River and the Road; R&B duo Luke Blu Guthrie and Elizabeth Penney, the dance floor will certainly be alive. Guests to this particular show will no doubt build an appetite for what’s to come as each night following will have its own set of fun to dine on, such as the BC Seafood Expo & Workshop Series on the following days (June 13th & 14th), BC Shellfish Growers Chefs’ Gala Dinner June 19th and Comox by the Sea Celebration June 20th. The latter is the one to go as there will be chef demonstrations and tastings offered throughout the day and family fun in an interactive kids zone for young ones to become familiar with the life of the sea.